Teenage Drivers License
California Requirements for Drivers Licenses under 18:
- Enroll in online drivers ed. course (15 year minimum age) - Certificate issued upon completion.
- Complete Real ID Drivers License application on DMV website.
Proof of date of birth, Social Security number, and residency will need to be uploaded during this process.
- Bring documents to local DMV and take written test (usually on a computer).
- Upon successful completion of written test, student will be issued a permit. Per is not valid until 1st lesson is completed and verified by instructor.
- Enroll in Behind-the-Wheel driver training course.
For questions please see our most frequently asked questions.